1. Format: 36 Hole Individual Scratch Medal Competition over two days. Played in threes. White tees.
2. Eligibility: Competitors must have reached the age of 55 years by the 29th June and must have a handicap index of 7.5 or less on the date of the competition.
3. Starting times: will commence from 10.00hrs (Wed) and 08.00hrs (Thu) from the 1st tee. Starting times and associated player information will be circulated in advance of the competition date via e-mail and will be available from the 16th June. If you would prefer to receive your starting times by post, please provide a stamped address envelope.
4. Entries: can be made ONLINE, or by completing the enclosed entry form and returning to; ‘Opens Co-ordinator’, Brokenhurst Manor Golf Club, Sway Road, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7SG’. The entry fee for this event is £80 for visitors /£40 for BMGC members (Includes: prize table, coffee and bacon rolls on arrival and lunch on Wednesday, meal after play on Thursday and £5 sweep entry). If you do not wish to be included in the sweep, please deduct £5 from the entry fee. Please make cheques payable to ‘Brokenhurst Manor Golf Club’. Entries are accepted on a first come first served basis. Higher handicaps will be balloted out if the competition is over-subscribed.
5. Closing Date: 1st June.
6. Cancellations: No refunds will be given if a cancellation is made after the 1st June.
7. Practice rounds: Please book your practice round with the BMGC pro shop in advance
on 01590 623092. A concessionary guest green fee of £20 is offered.
8. Local rules: are as printed on the scorecard provided on the day. Any additions or changes to these local rules are published on the club notice board and will be notified to you on the day of the competition.
9. Prizes/Results: the results for each day will be published the same day. The prize presentation takes place on the Thursday once all scores have been recorded. In the event of a tie, a decision will be made on count-back. Age group prizes will be awarded to the best scores. 36-hole prize winners take preference over 18-hole prizes.
10. Committee: This competition is organised by the Competition Committee of Brokenhurst Manor Golf Club who will rule on any dispute that may arise and their decision shall be final.
The contact for this competition is Mark Gillard